With Rooibos and Oat Bran
1kg Self raising flour
4x250ml Digestive bran
250ml Oat Bran
250ml Sunflower seeds
125ml Pumpkin seeds
10ml Baking powder
400ml Boiled water
6-7 Belinzona Organic Rooibos tea bags
250ml Brown sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly grease and line 1 x large or 2 x medium size loaf tins.
- Place the flour, salt, digestive bran, oat bran, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Place the Rooibos tea bags and water in a medium size pot and boil for 5 minutes. Simmer for another 5 minutes allowing the water to extract all the Rooibos flavors to make a strong Rooibos infusion.
- Remove the tea bags and add butter to the warm Rooibos infused water. Mix butter and Rooibos water with a whisk until well blended. Set aside to cool.
- Add buttermilk, sugar and eggs to the Rooibos infused water and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the Rooibos buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Spoon into prepared tins. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, ±45 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice into rusks and place on a baking tray.
- Heat oven to 100°C and dry rusks out for 6 – 8 hours.
- Cool and pack in an airtight container.
Will soon be available.